BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Like Us On Facebook!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

HELP: In need of advice.

Kyla, my friend that you met in the previous post, is wanting us to get together and go back to school. And I want to as well! We found a great program through Chamberlain College of Nursing where we can get our BSN in three semesters- about a year and a half. It is all online- NO CLINICALS!! We could potentially have the same classes and schedule as long as we sign up together. The catch.. dun dun dun.. It costs $18,000 to $22,000. This is still cheaper than ASU's $34,000 bill for their bachelor's program.

I am so interested. I feel like, why not? I can scout out scholarships and talk to their financial aid advisor. I know that it won't be worth it to just stop at a bachelor's. I would need to seriously consider continuing on to get my master's if I am going to be footing this big of a bill.

With us having just moved, Chase starting a new job, me looking for a job in Rogers so that I won't have to commute, and having to deal with the house in MH.. maybe this isn't the right time. However, I may never get another chance to do this with a friend. Kyla would motivate me and I wouldn't be alone. If I don't do it now, will I ever?

I don't want to hold back. Sometimes I have trouble believing in myself. I would hate to look back and wish I had experienced everything I was given the opportunity to.

I need guidance. It is my nature to be impulsive so I really need YOUR honest opinion. Should I do it? Or should I wait?

Hit me up!

-A

2 comments:

Shannon said...

In MY opinion, now is the best time for what you are thinking about. Your still young, no kids yet, and it's only 18 months. The cost is a lot, but like you said, cheaper where you are now. Ultimately, it's up to you and Chase to decide if now is the time.Good Luck!! And it's a sanyo digital camera we got from wal-mart. I don't know much, but it has a lot of pixels, a lot of memory space, and it takes good piccs, so I'm happy. And it was only $80. We got a discount!

Ashley said...

Sounds like you got a good deal on the camera and I love the pics you have been posting! Thank you so much for your comment. I have decided to go for it. I can start April 28th or wait until the summer session starts and I think I will wait until summer. The 28th is just too soon and hopefully I will have a job in Rogers then. I appreciate your opinion so much!!