BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Like Us On Facebook!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My night at work...

My night at work went like this...

1900 Float to ICU.. get a patient that has enemas ordered every 2 hours...yep, that's no joke.

2100 Two doctor's for this patient come in and order all kinds of things.... some of it I still don't know what it is or how to do it.

2130 Amid the chaos, I find out I will be floating back to my home floor (SDU) because there are 2 patients coming in that I will need to take care of.

2145 Both patients come at the same time...excellent.

2300 One of the above mentioned patients is looking like they are headed to the cath lab stat..

0100 After a lot of conversing with the doctor, patient does not go to cath lab, but I do get a transfer from another floor, a patient with extremely high blood pressure.

0300 Get another transfer, a patient with extremely low blood pressure.

0500 Start the morning rush with a.m. meds and accu checks.

0700 HOME!!

I did not go into all the gory details, just the highlights. Sometimes I feel like I have been run ragged when 7 am rolls around...but I get to come home to my good-lookin' hubby and my two sleepy schnauzers and somehow I forget. I forget how tired I am and how stressed I was. It's funny how that works...

1 comments:

Karla said...

sorry that you had such a busy night!!! WEve all been there, hope thst it never happens again, but know that it will someday!! your a trooper!!!