BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Like Us On Facebook!

Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

Photobucket


If fireworks were a food experience, it would be the icecream with the cake, the cherry on a sundae, the salt with a margarita, the BBQ on the ribs.. ok you see what I'm getting at.


After a long, long, long day of play on the lake, smelling of sunblock and moldy towels, sunburned and all smiles, you sit huddled with family watching the sky become lit up in a celebration of freedom, knowing millions of Americans across the country are doing the same thing. It's the essence of summer, isn't it? And I'll admit, I get a little bored during the middle, but, come the grand finale, I am all eyes in the sky and smiling from ear to ear. Fireworks just do that to me.


This is not what I did this year, though. I was working at the hospital until 7 pm. And when MC picked me up, we headed straight back to Rogers.
And I thought I had missed out. Because even though we went to the Flippin fireworks on July 3rd, it's just not the same as being on the lake watching them on July 4th.


But, as the Springdale city limits came into sight at 9:15 pm, we saw them! Not all in one spot as I am sure you are imagining, but all across the sky from as far left as we could see to as far right. It was an AMAZING site to behold and far bigger than I have ever seen! And a nice welcome home I might add.


I didn't get a picture of those but Chase did get pictures from the Flippin fireworks.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


They make me smile even now.


And today, we had our 4th of July meal. Late, as usual, but that's our way :) Ribs with a sweet and smoky dry rub. Baked potatoes topped with butter, cilantro, and freshly grated parmesan cheese. And fresh corn on the cob that we shucked ourselves and so crisp it felt like I was taking a bite out of nature.


Mmmmmm I love it. Just call me a holiday stalker. I am such a kid at heart!

3 comments:

Karla said...

love your perspective!!

Ashley said...

LOVED the firewroks picture! I was sick and missed out this year...but maybe next year!!

Ashley said...

Karla- thank you!

Ashley- that just means you will have to do it extra BIG next year :) lol