BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Like Us On Facebook!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

In between.

Once when I was young and stupid, I found myself at a bar with friends dancing, let's say, rather expressively on the dance floor.. After waking up the next morning, recalling the night, and realizing that what I had imagined- the crowd making a circle around me to cheer "Go Ashley Go Ashley Go Ashley'and being envious of my super cool dance moves- was nothing close to reality..well, let's just say I haven't been back since. It's just not my scene.

But, sometimes, I wonder what it would have been like to be comfortable there. Comfortable slamming back Blueberry Tequila Limedrops, jamming to the band, taking a taxi home with friends because we drank WAY too much. I can imagine picking out sexy and chic Jimmy Choo platform sling-back heels; dainty purses just big enough to house iphone, credit card, and lip gloss; and showing off $300 True Religion jeans.

Instead, I find myself snuggled comfortably 'in between'. Floating in between being young&silly and babies&family. Neither one suits me but I dream about both, undecided on which person I would rather be.

But here is what I have come to understand. 'In between' isn't such a bad place to be. My conscience may not let me be silly enough to spend $300 on a pair of jeans, but it is young enough to let me go to Florida and live it up this fall:). I may not be ready for babies, but when I am I will be more than ready- I will be prepared. This is my time to grow and learn, and find out the kind of person I am and who I want to be. I just haven't figured it out yet.

0 comments: