BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Like Us On Facebook!

Friday, September 11, 2009

Visiting the Family

Thanks to Chase's excellent driving skills and Gertrude's great navigating capabilities (hehe) we made it to my grandma's!
I loooove her home. It is gorgeous! G-ma picked up some BBQ from Benny Bob's and we ate lunch and visited.
This is Maw Maw. She is my great grandma and the one I was really looking forward to seeing. She is a wonderful woman and has such great stories that she loves to tell. And I could not blog about her and not mention what a wizard she is in the kitchen!!!! I can not put into words how good her cookin' is. My top three favs: her sweet cream corn (and I am talking corn she shucked herself), her sweet potatoes on Thanksgiving, and her most famous Peanut Butter Cake. To put it simply, I love her!
We also got to tour the funeral home that my grandparents own. It has been up and running for about 16 months now and this was the first time I had got to see it. It was so cool to see my family's name on that sign!!
I didn't any pictures of the inside but it was beautiful! They really did a great job of making it warm and welcoming for grieving families. In Chase's words "it was kinda creepy to be in funeral home hanging out but it was very pretty" lol

After we hugged and kissed them goodbye, Chase and I stopped in Jonesboro at their Bed Bath and Beyond. We bought new sheets mmmm! They were expensive but oh so nice. We also ate dinner at El Acapulco. What a good day!

For more information: www.carneyfuneralhome.com

2 comments:

Joy Tilton said...

Enjoyed the little road trip and meeting your family! See if you can get your Maw Maw to share some of those recipes...

Ashley said...

hahaha I have been working on her for a while.. I think I am about to break her down at least on that Peanut Butter Cake